Our Waldorf-inspired summer day program for children K-rising 6th
We’ve got a fun place for your kids to spend the day, the Summer@Steiner Waldorf day program. Our weekly program for children grades K-rising 6th is 9am-3pm M-F from the last week of June through the first week of August, and includes classic summer country fun like forest play, farm to fork snacks from our own biodynamic gardens, playing with friends and hanging out in the coolest swimming holes. Registration for Summer@Steiner opens in February; spots fill quickly, especially for the younger age groups. At $350 per week per child, it’s affordable to stay awhile.
Discoverers (Pre K-1st Grade)
Discoverers aged 4- 6 dig into imaginative, playful and adventurous fun. Click here for a sample of last year’s daily schedule. To participate, children must turn 4 by August 1, 2019.
- Morning Circle of song, verse and stories
- Community snack-making and picnics
- Imaginative indoor and outdoor play and exploration
- Gardening in our vegetable and flower gardens
- Group water play along the Green River and Forests
Adventurers (Grades 2- rising 6)
An on and off-campus program, Adventurers offers an active week of outdoor challenges & camaraderie such as:
- Local hikes on hidden trails
- Swimming, picnicking, kayaking and paddle boarding on the lake at Lakeville, CT
- Exploring off-road swimming holes and forests
- Outdoor games, craft projects and special events
- Special adventures like a water park trip or Circus Smirkus (additional fee may apply)
- Circus Arts classes at nearby Berkcirque (excluding Week 6/July 29-Aug 2)
- Weekly field trip
Each session runs Monday-Friday, 9 am-3 pm
You have the option to register with a non-refundable deposit of $100 for each week enrolled (balance is due by the Monday of each session), or pay in full when you register. We recommend a minimum of two weeks enrollment. Note that registrations received over the weekend for the upcoming week may not be fully processed until Monday mornings. Please enroll by Fridays at noon for the upcoming week so we will have time to register your child and send out confirmation emails.
- Please note: A $25 service fee will be incurred for changes in weeks enrolled.
- Head counselors are adults experienced in working with groups of children, who have the support of an assistant counselor.
- Swimming lessons take place at Simon’s Rock College. Weekly lake trips are to Lakeville, CT. There is a lifeguard present at both locations. Transportation to off-campus activities is through GBRSS mini-buses.
For more information, please call (413) 528-4015 ext. 0 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.